I've created a simple classified ads module for Drupal 4.7 and Drupal 5. It is now in use on a large number of Drupal-based sites.
My classified module creates a new node type ('ed_classified') and associates an expiration time stamp with all nodes of that type. Borrowing from the image.module image gallery scheme, it creates and associates a custom taxonomy with the classified ads. Site administrators then need to create child taxonomy terms for each classified ad category. As with any Drupal taxonomy, ad categories may be nested to arbitrary depth.
Who's using this module?
If you want to see who is using this Classified Ads module, you can click here to ask Google who's using this module - so you can see it in operation on thousands of pages across the internet.
Simple to configure and use
It's simple to use, and offers the following features:
- automatic ad expiration - old ads are 'unpublished', then deleted after an admin-defined grace period,
- ad renewals (user can renew an ad before it expires),
- body text length limitations,
- custom CSS (ed_classified.css),
- recent and popular ad blocks,
- views module integration,
- email notifications prior to ad expiration
- per-category (taxonomy term) configuration for default ad duration
- Views module support